- Show your gratitude with a free offer that complements the original purchase. For example, a hair stylist could show thanks by offering a voucher for a free hair styling product. Include specifics, such as a $15 maximum value redeemable within 60 days of postmark.
- Boost sales by providing a coupon for free shipping or 25% off their next order. Encourage customers to pass it on if they don't need to use the offer themselves.
- Suggest complementary products or services that will enhance the initial purchase and increase the customer's satisfaction and loyalty. Consider creating an affiliate program with non-competing businesses to expand your offerings.
- Reward customers for providing referrals. Offer an exclusive discount to both your existing customer and a new referral to increase the number of referrals you receive.
- Highlight your contact information on an item your customers will keep, such as a business card, calendar, customized notepad, magnet, or pen.
- Become a resource to your customers by encouraging customers to sign up for an informational newsletter with industry tips and tricks. You might also consider providing valuable tutorials and training classes.
- Consider using the 10-10-10 follow-up pattern (or even a less-aggressive 30-30-30). Send an initial thank you within 10 days after the purchase. Contact them again after 10 days, then a third time after another 10 days. Vary your method of communication, such as a hand-written note, email, and phone call. Include an offer in all communications, and build on the urgency in each contact.
- Ask for feedback about the customer's recent purchase or send a survey with an incentive to respond. Many customers will be eager to discuss their experience or may even have questions.
Peter "The Printer" Lineal
2160 Stonington Avenue
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
Ph: 847.882.4020 Ext: 133
Printing, Marketing & Promotional Products with Powerful Execution.