Lists are more than just an effective way to remember what you need at the grocery store. Lists grab attention. They're also great at getting key points across quickly and increasing readership.
Here are a few tips to help you use lists more effectively in your marketing:
- Use abbreviated or partial lists on marketing pieces, such as postcards and email campaigns, and encourage readers to visit your website to learn more.
- Promote your company's competitive advantages with a "top 10 reasons" list or a bulleted list of your company's outstanding qualities.
- Popularity sells. Use a list to advertise your biggest selling products, such as "Our Top 5 Most Popular Products from 2014."
- Use a list to announce or introduce new products or services.
- Use a list as an alternative to long paragraphs of text to enable readers to quickly scan your key points. Example: We threw a lot at you a few weeks ago in this blog post. But the key points are easy to understand because we used a numbered list to make it easier to read.
- For greater effectiveness, keep your lists brief, such as "10 Ways to..." or "15 Tips to..." (That's what we did today!)
- Structure your list logically (largest to smallest, most to least popular, or simply your strongest tips first).
- If your list includes more than just a short sentence or phrase for each key point, consider using bold sub-headers with brief descriptions behind them.
- For "Top 10" style lists, always number your entries, so readers can easily follow along.
- Be sure to include a source whenever appropriate, especially if your list contains hard facts or data.
Looking for more tips and freebies? Subscribe to our blog in the box above, or sign up for more freebies using the link below.
Until next time!Peter "The Printer" Lineal
2160 Stonington Avenue
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
Ph: 847.882.4020 Ext: 133
Printing, Marketing & Promotional Products with Powerful Execution.